Thursday, June 25, 2009

To TV or not to TV

Sadly, one of the things I miss most about my husband when he is gone is his ability to control the television. I realize that it is a silly thing to miss but there you have it. Not that there aren't about a million other things I miss but this is the one I'm thinking of tonight when he is gone, yet again (just for the night though). Part of it surely relates to my inability to make a decision when faced with a million worthless choices, another part of it is probably just the joy of not having to make a decision after a long day filled with a million descisions to be made for myself and two six year old girls. However, another part of it is just one more way that he shows me he loves me. On the surface it sounds like we are the same old stereotypical couple where the man rules the remote and poor wifey doesn't get to watch her "women's shows". That could not be further from the truth though. First off, for the most part, I hate "women's shows" and secondly I would rarely turn on the television myself anyway as I would rather read a book. In fact, if it weren't for hubby surfing through all the garbage and managing to find something we both can enjoy together I would probably be a complete recluse and live inside my own head 95% of the time. Luckily he loves me enough to avoid this or we would surely be divorced or insane by now. So while it may seem trivial on the surface there are plenty of reasons to love my man who rules the remote.

No comments: