Thursday, July 24, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

It has been a busy week!

Last Saturday the girls and I embarked on our cross country jaunt, along with my dad, the dog, and the cat. Amazingly, the trip went really well. We were able to drive half way, stay the night in a hotel, and then drive the other half and arrive at my mom and dad's at a decent hour. They were 12 1/2 hours of driving each day, but having my dad to help with the driving made it not so bad. The girls were practically angels! Unbelievable, right? All I have to say is "How did people survive before portable DVD players?" and also "Why does driving make you so tired?" I really don't get how come I am exhausted at the end of a day spent driving. All you do is sit on your butt, move your feet a little bit (even less if you use the cruise control). I just don't get it.

Once we arrived at my parents we had two great days, during which the girls were in the pool no later than 9:00 am each morning. Then hurricane Dolly hit near us, so it has been raining and windy (but still sweltering hot and HUMID, yuck!) for the past 2 days. Luckily Dolly hit far enough south of us that we weren't really effected except for some rain, wind, and a few tornado watches that didn't turn into anything.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I'm sure my little water bugs will be happy to once more be splish-splashing around. I better get my rest so I can keep up with them.

No comments: