Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Yes, the 5 year old is mocking you

We had great time Sunday. Friends of ours just bought a boat so they invited us out on Sunday. The girls had the best time, and not just because they got to see their friend "Purple Savannah", but because they love anything to do with water.

Okay, first I'll explain about "Purple Savannah". My twin girls are names Sydney and Savannah so when we met this couple with a little girl who is also named Savannah who is about a year younger than them it posed a bit of a problem. So the first time we got all the girls together this other Savannah was wearing purple and so hubby asked her if it was her favorite color and she said yes. Then he made a big deal about how our Savannah loves pink and their Savannah loves purple (and Princess Ariel, just like Sydney) and so my girls started calling her "Purple Savannah". Now I just call my daughter Savannah and the other girl Vanna since her parents sometimes call her that, but my girls still refer to her as "Purple Savannah".

Anyway we had a nice day on the boat. They even had gotten this inner tube thing that you pull behind the boat and all 3 girls got in it and they thought that was great fun. Then the husbands had to each try it too and see how fast they could make the other one flip off it so that was amusing also. Grown men acting like teenagers is always good for a few laughs.

When we got in the truck to head home the girls were both hungry, but there is usually a strict no eating policy in hubby's truck because the girls are such pigs and leave crumbs and make hubby crazy. So they were both begging and pleading for a snack and hubby finally gave in and said they could have some cheese crackers but they had to be careful. So I turned and said to them "You better be extra, extra careful because you know how daddy is about his truck." From the back seat I hear Sydney mimicking her dad saying "Oh no, my truck, oh no, a mess, oh no oh no" in this hilarious voice.

Hubby got that look on his face, the one where he is amazed and can't believe what comes out of our 5 year olds mouths, and said "Is she making fun of me, is she mocking me?" To which I had to reply "It certainly sounds that way." We all had a good laugh.

No comments: