Friday, July 29, 2005

More on Annie

I have already expounded on the dangers of Annie in a previous blog, but now I have to tell you about the adorable (almost on the verge of annoying) part. My girls LOVE Annie. If they had their way we would watch it at least 3 times a day every day but there is no way I could take that so we watch it slightly less. The other evening after watching Annie (which they begged to watch again immediately) they decided they would just put on their own Annie performance. Now remember they are only 2 1/2 so their Annie performance mainly consisted of singing the line "tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow. You're only a day away" from the song Tomorrow over and over. They also sing the line "dumb dog, why are you following me?" from the Dumb Dog song over and over. Then they proceed to pretend our dog Ferris (a beagle) is Sandy (the dog in the movie) so they call him and drag him around by the collar calling him Sandy. Believe me it is all very cute, but after about an hour of the same two lines of a song it can become wearing and the dog just wants to lay down. So I was in the middle of making dinner and decided to call their Nana to let her hear them sing for a while. Usually when you put them on the phone they don't talk much, just answer yes, no, and say I love you but that night I told them to sing and boy did they ever sing. Over and over and over and over, until I'm sure even Nana was getting a little bored with it. Then Nana put Paw-Paw (grandpa) on the phone and they sang for him, then Joey called his mom and they sang for her, then he called his dad and they sang for him and his wife. I still can't believe how long they kept singing the same two lines and that night in the middle of the night one of them was singing it in her sleep! Needless to say I went out and bought the Barbie Fairytopia video yesterday just so I wouldn't have to watch Annie again.

No comments: