Saturday, March 22, 2008

Are You From France?

So we are at the grocery store and we get the usual question . . . "Are they twins?" from the guy bagging the groceries. He had a heavy accent so the girls didn't really understand him and I sort of "translated" the question to them. So they say yes they are twins and then one of them (I forgot who said it first, but it seemed almost like they did it together) says "Are you from France?". Well it was obvious to me he wasn't French, however, since he had a pretty heavy accent and they haven't been exposed to any accents very much I guess France was just the first place they came up with. They watch several shows in which the characters travel the globe such as Little Einsteins, Wonder Pets, and even Dora and Strawberry Shortcake had world traveling adventures so I can see that they are learning about different cultures sounding different. Now they will know a Filipino accent.

No comments: