Monday, March 03, 2008

Got the Wii

We got a Wii game console. Figured it would be something fun to do as a family. So as Joey is setting it up it comes to this screen that asks you to give your Wii a nickname so Joey asks me and I say "whatever you want". He says "Wow" and I'm thinking that is the nickname like "Wow-Wii" and then he starts telling me about some cool thing it does. A few minutes later he asks me again what should the nickname be and I say "I thought you said Wow". He just gives me this dumb stare and so I clarify "wow-wii" and tell him I think it is cute. He burst out laughing because he was saying wow about whatever cool thing it does that he told me about not the nickname, but now he thinks it is cute too, so we use it. Later as Joey and I are testing out the games the girls come in and want to try it. At this point we are doing the boxing game. So we set them up and instruct them on how to play. They got so into it! Joey and I were laughing until we cried watching them box at each other and we had to keep grabbing them by the shirt and pulling them back because we were afraid they were going to punch the tv screen because they kept moving forward they were so excited. The kids are better entertainment than any video game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so what are your favorite games? We've prety much stuck to Wii Sports and Lego Star Wars- nothing else we've rented has been worth buying... the annoying talk between everything you do in some of the games tests my patience way too much. I hear Boom Blox was cool- haven't tried it yet. We had "Cooking Mama" this weekend. Don't think we'll be buying that either.