Monday, March 10, 2008

Why do I buy them toys?

Sometimes I question why exactly I buy the girls toys. If I had a better imagination and didn't have toy addiction of my own I don't think I would have to buy them much because a lot of times they entertain themselves with the simplest things. Here are a few of their latest "toys".

"Blackie" - Blackie is the name they have given to my computer wrist rest. It is one of those long gel filled things you put in front of the keyboard to support your wrists when you are typing. They discovered it one day while playing on the computer. Next thing I knew "Blackie" was in the doll cradle being covered with a blanket like a baby. The thing is they have at least 10 baby dolls between them.

"Upside down tv" - This is their favorite lunch time game. In our house we have a breakfast bar between the kitchen and dining room. I have them eat lunch most days at the bar. Since I am always telling them they can't get up when they are eating (and they follow this rule pretty well actually) they have found many ways to amuse themselves (and drive me crazy) while supposedly eating their lunch. There are two versions of upside down tv. The first version is there they both lay on their chairs on their backs with their feet facing each other. They then proceed to basically tickle and kick each other with their feet. In the second version they lay on their backs on their chairs with their faces facing each other. They then tickle each other and grab each others faces. They think it is all very hilarious and it is pretty funny to watch. I still can't figure out why it is called upside down tv. The upside down part I get, but where does tv come into it? I have no idea.

No comments: