Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hosed

So I went out to water the grass today and a funny thing happened.

Had to actually water the grass for two reasons. First, when we pulled out all of the bushes in the front of the house a couple had bled over to the side and instead of planting there we really just want to have the grass continue on that part. This means the hubby has been doing his "man" thing and putting down seed, fertilizer, nutrients and what all and that means we have to water it 3 times a day to get it going. FUN! Second, it has been pretty hot here and it has been a while since the last good rain so the lawn was starting to look a little dry.

Of course the girls ran out with me and wanted to help. I let Sydney take the sprayer first since she got to me first. After a minute I told her it was Savannah's turn and to give her the sprayer. When she turned to hand Savannah the hose she turned the hose too and ended up spraying Savannah. I laughed but Savannah did not find this amusing and promptly started to cry and yell sister insults (I hate you, you are the worst sister in the world and the like). Then she gets mad at me because I'm laughing and yells at me that it is not funny. "It is definitely NOT funny mom" she says in her five year old voice with the 15 year old attitude. After I finally get my laughter under control I tell her how Sydney didn't mean to do it and she loves the water anyway and a little water isn't going to hurt her and cajole her into coming over and taking the hose to do her share of the watering. At this point she is still sort of sniffling and I laugh again and tell her to quit being such a baby. She then proceeds to turn and spray me with the hose in a little fit of temper.

I wish I had a picture of her face right then. She got that "oh shit, what have I done" deer caught in the headlights look. I ruined it by laughing. Again. Then I snatched that hose from her and soaked her good! I felt like maybe I should punish her because it was kind of a bratty thing to do and I don't think her intention was to joke around I think she was just being pissy and did it like I said in a fit of temper. Then again, sometimes you just gotta laugh it off. I did explain to her that this time it was funny but in general you don't spray mommy with the hose. After that I let them get their bathing suits on and play in the sprinkler for a bit. They had a blast, as usual when they do anything involving water. The mystery is how Savannah ended up with 7 mosquito bites, while Sydney only has 1.

No comments: