Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bumpy Chip Breath

I had a late night snack attack last night and busted out some Ruffles and French onion dip to chomp on. When I went in the girls room to put in their second movie . . . yes, I put them to bed with the TV on. Bad mom! Never thought I'd do it but . . . for sanity's sake this is how it goes. They get in bed at 8:00 pm and they get to choose 2 DVDs from their vast collection to watch. They only get 2, and if they are too loud or come out of their bedroom for any unauthorized reason (potty and telling the movie is over are okay) then they get a "strike", 3 strikes and the TV goes off.

But anyway, I digress. When I went in to change to the second movie I gave them both a kiss and Sydney says "Mommy, why do you have bumpy chip breath?" They call Ruffles potato chips bumpy chips. I told her because I was eating bumpy chips. Seriously, I doubt I could tell someone had been eating Ruffles by their breath, especially since they weren't the flavored kind, but she could. No sour cream and onion, or sour cream and cheddar or BBQ, they were just the plain ones. Plus we rarely have potato chips in the house, it isn't like we eat these all the time. I am constantly amazed by the things they know. How did she know this?

She is a breath sniffing genius!

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

French onion dip and Ruffles are like crack cocaine, I tell you! (So are Frito's and bean dip, but it usually makes people I know hurl so I won't subject you to imagining it any longer!)