Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lazy mom, that's me

Today was just one of those days where I felt like doing nothing at all. My toe is still throbbing a little if I stand too long so all I wanted to do all day was sit on the couch with it propped up and read a book. So I did.

The unfortunate part of this scenario is that I still have my 5 year old twins to keep up with. Luckily today they actually played on their own for more than 15 minutes. They decided first thing this morning that they wanted to get out their dress up stuff and play with it. Believe me when I tell you that they probably have more dress up stuff than any other kids on earth. They have a rack crammed with costumes in their closet, everything from Barbie Fairytopia to pretty much every Disney Princess to a real "wedding gown" that Grandma passed on from a flower girl who was in a wedding. They also have many, many, many assorted shoes, slippers, scarves, veils, hats, and jewelry that we keep in one of those large gray Rubbermaid container boxes you get at Wal-Mart.

So that was great and it kept them entertained pretty much all day. From my perch on the couch I could hear them deciding what to wear with what and they even put on several little mini plays for me. When my hubby came home this afternoon and went past their room to say hello I heard his exclamation about their room and he came right back out to tell me the good news. Their room was officially a disaster area. While I had pretty much assumed that it would be a big mess, even I was unprepared for the full scale riot that had taken place.

There was not a single square inch of floor to be seen! The gray box was completely empty, every dress from the closet was now on the floor, even the bottom bunk bed could hardly be seen. So then we had to have an hour long cleaning session. But the sad part is that I feel it was totally worth it because they were out of my hair and entertaining themselves (without the tv)pretty much all day.

No comments: