Thursday, June 19, 2008

Local news watchers we aren't

The other night when I was letting the dog out for his evening business I noticed that it looked foggy. Foggy, here, in June, hmmm? Then I realized it smelled smokey, like something was on fire. So, I told the hubby "something is on fire outside" and he went to check it out. After making a circuit of the house and garage to be sure it wasn't us somehow he looked up and down the street and reported back that he couldn't see anything and we went on with our evening.

The next day at a playdate a fellow mom brought up "Hey, did you see all that smoke last night?" I said we did and wondered what it was. According to her there were fires or a large fire 100 miles south of us and the way the wind was blowing we were getting smoke from that. Hubby confirmed it that evening. WEIRD! It has happened a few evenings since then so I assume the fire/fires are still burning. I have no real confirmation of this because lately hubby and I watch movies or he plays XBOX since there are no shows on we watch right now so we never see the loocal news. Yea, we are a couple of party animals right?

No comments: