Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cleaning the bed, that's right, the BED

In my ideal world I would clean my entire house once a year, however reality constantly interferes. Today the girls and I tackled Sydney's bed. Now I may have mentioned that my kids are pack rats. Sydney is the queen of the pack rats. She has at least 5 purses and 2 backpacks strung around the house full to bursting with a variety of items. But her bed on the top bunk is a veritable "nest". Since I can't see up there on a daily basis I have to supervise the cleaning of it at least once a month. Today the cleaning was prompted by a missing Angelina Ballerina doll (which, by the way, was found on this very bed).

Let me give you a small taste of what I found on this bed, and this is by no means a complete list. I found lip balms, bracelets, necklaces, belts, brushes, combs, used and unused tissues, various stuffed animals, nail polish, a trash can, a mini Barbie Mariposa doll, 5 pillows, 5 blankets, books, play hair styling items, an assortment of hair tiebacks, coins, a sweater, colored pencils, notepads, hats and mittens. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but that is a sample. Every time we do this little exercise in futility I give her a lecture about how I don't want all this junk on her bed. She says "Okay mommy" so sweetly and then the next time I find the same thing. These are the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With three girls of my own- I can SO relate! How do they sleep? That's what I always wonder. Maybe that's why the couch is always first preference for them :-)