Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stereo Computers

My kids are very strange. Being twins they obviously do a lot of stuff together. I try really hard to help them be their own person so they can have a sense of "self" and not just be "the twins" and blah, blah, blah, psychobabble blah. Of course, they have their differences like all children but they are twins and have that special thing/bond/connection that twins have so regardless of how I try to give them their own space they just end up right next to each other again. Take today for instance.

We have an old desktop computer that we set up for the girls to use. We have links set up on there for PBS Kids and Sprout and Nick Jr., Disney, etc. that they can use and they have all their little games in a basket on the desk. It cracks me up every time I see them playing games and changing discs and stuff because it is so normal for them and I can still remember having one of those old Commodore computers and there was no worldwide web when I was in high school! I know, I'm dating myself, but anyway back to my point. So Savannah decided she wanted to play on the computer with one of the discs and she wanted to do her game all on her own without Sydney's help. I felt sorry for Sydney so I set her up on my laptop computer at the dining room table on one of the websites with games since I had already wasted enough time on the Internet this morning. After a little while Savannah wants to go to the website too, okay fine.

A little bit later I'm in the living room folding laundry (that is already wrinkled like crazy because I forgot it in the dryer for like 2 days) and I hear them counting "1, 2, 3, go!" and then a minute later again "1, 2, 3, go!" So I start listening to what they were up to. Turns out they had gotten to the same web page (Disney's Higglytown Hero's for those of you who are interested) and were in this story type game where it tells a little bit of a story then they get to choose an item that goes in the next part, then it tells a little bit more story and they get to choose another item and so on. They were talking to each other and deciding which item to choose, then counting "1, 2, 3, go" and choosing that item at the same time so the story would go at the same time on both computers in stereo. They trip me out!

No comments: