Monday, May 19, 2008

School Registration Paperwork

My babies are starting school in the fall. So, after the orientation the other night I have like 10 pages of forms to fill out . . . TIMES 2. I started filling it all out today. Yes, it is still 3 1/2 months till school starts but since they were "suggesting" so strongly that we get this done early I figured I better get on it. The real reason is that I know that if I put it off too long I will forget about it and procrastinate until I am having to deal with all the other psycho's who waited until the last minute. The worst part has to be that like 3 of the forms are duplications, so not only do I fill everything out times 2 (and it is 12 pages, I just counted), but some of them are like times 3. Then on the last page it asks about my husbands job and, of course, since I am the worst Navy wife ever I know two of the seven answers. Just hope I don't get carpel tunnel! Can't wait to see what I will have to do once school starts.

Then I started going over the guidelines on what they should know and what they were going to learn in Kindergarten. Remember, they already pretty much said that most of the kids were way behind for starting kindergarten. They make it seem way worse than it is. I mean I never went to Kindergarten and I was fine, in fact a I was a fairly good student. Another thing that made me feel better was that one of my friends said that her daughter started Kindergarten knowing only a few letters and she still did great and my girls know almost all their letters and I've been working with them on writing already so they should be fine. I am rather impressed that they should be writing full sentences by the end of the year (spelling doesn't count yet). We'll see about that.

No comments: