Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kitchen Conversation

This morning while I was making breakfast S & S were playing with their pretend kitchen in the next room. This is the conversation I overheard:

Syd: Oh no, when we add the lemons it will explode!
Sav: Run away! (they run)
Syd: 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1
Sav: Nothing happened.
Syd: Yes it did. (As she says this she runs over to the kitchen counter and sweeps off a bunch of plates and food with her arm.)
Syd: Kerpow!!!

Hope this isn't what they really think cooking is like. Although, they have seen me cursing because I wasn't paying attention and the milk boiled over for the noodles I was making more times than I care to count. So maybe they do think the kitchen is hazardous duty.

Now they are having a food fight with their pretend food. Yikes!

No comments: