Monday, May 12, 2008

Messy Eaters

I'm sincerely convinced that my children might be the messiest 5 year old eaters on earth.

Seriously.

Today at lunch alone we had 3 spilled drinks, much food was fed to the dog "by accident" and mommy had to scream many times. To make matters worse the 3 spilled drinks weren't even regular cups. They are too big for sippy cups but I got some of those tumblers from Tupperware with the lids that you can put straws into. They aren't leak proof, but in most cases if they get tipped over it is just a few drips versus a whole puddle with a regular cup, however, both of my little sweethearts managed to tip their cups over so forcefully that the lids popped off. Savannah even managed to do it twice.

Recently we purchased a new dining room table set and even though we got the fabric protection warranty I had my husband cover the chairs that the girls use with plastic because they are so horribly messy.

My sister-in-law came to visit me over spring break and brought my 2 1/2 year old niece and she is not as messy as my girls, in fact she is very well mannered and an extremely neat eater. I mean aren't kids supposed to be over the messy phase by now? I feel like a total failure on the whole manners and etiquette front. AGGHHH!

No comments: